VP of Engineering Wanted for Solar Developer – East Coast New York, New Jersey, Connecticut Tri-State Area
Job Search / Career Search Summary
One of the top growing commercial scale solar developers that builds, owns and operates commercial scale solar energy systems in the United States, is looking for a VP of Engineering for the East Coast – New York, New Jersey, Connecticut Tri-State Area, specifically in the New York City, New York and surrounding areas.
VP of Engineering
Client Company Name
Confidential until Interview is scheduled
About This Company
Who is this company?
One of the top growing commercial scale solar developers and solar integrators on the East Coast.
Type of Industry this company is in?
Solar / Photovoltaic / Renewables / Cleantech
Age of company and how large?
– $30 Million+ organization
– 5+ years in business
Competitive advantages, value proposition and differentiators of this company?
– One of the top growing commercial scale solar developers that specializes within the commercial / retail space.
– Unparalleled vertically integrated, turn-key development process.
– Financially well backed and strong balance sheet.
– Significant upward mobility within organization.
– Direct access to Founder and CEO.
Growth of company?
Going through incendiary growth. Will double in volume and employees in the next twelve months.
$100,000 to $150,000 ($100k – $150k)***
Bonus potential and / or Equity?
Bonus potential – 50% of Base Salary
Equity to start – Initial equity grant plus Stock Options annually
Specifics of this Position
Key responsibilities and objectives for ideal candidate?
– Perform feasibility analysis including site evaluation – preliminary structural, electrical and geotechnical / utility evaluation, preliminary system layout & design, energy production, shading and component selection.
– Attend site evaluation visits to collect information required to complete the design of commercial-scale solar electric systems.
– Oversee the development of structural and electrical designs for net-metered roof, ground and parking canopy solar electric systems that meet all national, state and local code requirements as well as customer defined requirements.
– Manage a team of engineers and solar designers to meet deadlines and milestones for a portfolio of projects.
– Review design drawings showing the structural, electrical and site plan design of large scale solar electric systems developed in AutoCAD. Proficient in building and reviewing construction documents in AutoCAD and training team members.
– Manage the submission of drawings to the appropriate agency in order to obtain the necessary permits to allow for construction of large-scale solar electric systems.
– Provide technical input to support the interconnection application and utility approval process and related business development incentive processes.
– Integrate new processes and methods to increase productivity and efficiency of the department.
– Serve as the technical expert for engineering design decisions.
– Create and/or review equipment specs created by consultants, with focus on AC equipment and interconnection equipment.
– Assist Project Managers with coordination of utility company to ensure interconnection requirements are met, project deliverables are on schedule, and the utility company is on schedule to interconnect and energize the system.
– Perform construction inspections and commissioning to ensure equipment has been installed to plan. Act as Quality Control expert in conjunction with O&M department.
– Quickly come up to speed on existing projects and current pipeline.
– Develop, build and manage internal and external relationships.
– Foster an environment of cohesive teamwork that delivers best-in-class service and superior results to clients.
Key criteria and prerequisites this individual must possess?
– Must be passionate about the renewable energy business, hardworking and thrive in the fast pace of an early stage company with tremendous growth potential.
– A minimum of 5 years experience working in an engineering capacity for a commercial photovoltaic company, or designing commercial distributed generation systems.
– A minimum 2 years experience in an engineering management role.
– Knowledgeable in standard applied codes such as the NEC.
– Expert knowledge of photovoltaic system design and optimizing system components for energy production.
– Expert knowledge of electrical and structural design components and manufacturers.
– Experienced in the use of energy modeling systems for photovoltaic applications and the variables/constraints related to energy production.
– Experience in value engineering of photovoltaic or other constructions projects.
– Good working knowledge of standard utility process for interconnection approval and design requirements.
– Strong organizational and scheduling skills to manage the activities of junior engineers and maintain project schedules.
– Expertise in AutoCAD, MS Office and PVsyst.
Educational criteria and prerequisites?
– Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. Other engineering disciplines are considered based on experience and skill set.
Other possible Industries ideal candidate could come from?
Other possible job titles ideal candidate might have now?
VP of Engineering
Vice President of Engineering
Director of Engineering
Senior Engineering Manager
Senior Solar Engineer
VP of EPC
VP of Engineering Procurement and Construction
SVP of Engineering Procurement and Construction
Upward growth opportunity for ideal candidate?
– Significant upward mobility within organization
– Direct access to Founder and CEO
– Senior VP of EPC, SVP of EPC
Location of this position?
New Jersey, NJ
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
Interview / Hiring Process
– 1st interview with CEO and President (phone).
– 2nd interview with rest of Leadership Team and CEO and President (face to face).
Next Steps to Discuss this Position Confidentially
If you do not have a “current” resume, not to worry. Our priority is finding the ideal person.
If this is you, or possibly someone you might know and respect, and may be a good fit for this key position, please contact us today confidentially.
Even if you are currently working at another company, and want to learn more about this position, all inquiries will be treated with the strictest in confidentiality.
CONTACT US TODAY
EMAIL: exec < at > jpiexecutivesearch.com
VP of Engineering Wanted for Top Solar Developer – East Coast New York, New Jersey, Connecticut Tri-State Area
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!