Job Search / Career Search Summary
One of the top growing commercial scale solar developers with an asset light business model and a differentiated group of customers comprised of top-tier REITs, Real Estate Funds and National Retail Tenants. A rapidly growing Company with a substantial pipeline of projects, that builds, owns and operates commercial scale solar energy systems in the United States. This company employs a vertically-integrated, turnkey development process and enables its customers to achieve substantial economic benefits while embracing solar energy. This position covers the East Coast, North East, South East, Mid Atlantic, and surrounding regions of the United States.
VP of Business Development / VP of BD
Client Company Name
Confidential until Interview is scheduled
About This Company
Who is this company?
One of the top growing commercial scale solar developers and solar integrators on the East Coast.
Type of Industry this company is in?
Solar / Photovoltaic / Renewables / Cleantech
Age of company and how large?
– $30 Million+ organization
– 5+ years in business
Competitive advantages, value proposition and differentiators of this company?
– One of the top growing commercial scale solar developers that specializes within the commercial / retail space.
– Unparalleled vertically integrated, turn-key development process.
– Financially well backed and strong balance sheet.
– Significant upward mobility within organization.
– Direct access to Founder and CEO.
Growth of company?
Going through incendiary growth. Will double in volume and employees in the next twelve months.
$100,000 to $150,000 ($100k – $150k)***
Bonus potential and / or Equity?
Bonus potential – 200% of Base Salary
Equity to start – Initial equity grant plus Stock Options annually
***Due to commission plan, W2’s realistically will range between $300,000 to – $500,000
Specifics of this Position
Key responsibilities and objectives for ideal candidate?
– Pipeline development.
– Sales of large-scale solar PV systems to retail and commercial customers on East Coast.
– Working closely with cost estimators, project managers, and designers to prepare and develop proposals, feasibility studies, and responses to RFP’s.
– Presenting to high-level decisions makers and key stakeholders at commercial and retail customers.
– Working with structured finance department to model system economics for prospective projects.
– Contract negotiations.
Key criteria and prerequisites this individual must possess?
– Minimum of 5 years of successful business-to-business sales experience required.
– Demonstrated ‘consultative’ selling experience.
– Proven ability to manage projects under deadline with multiple internal resources.
– Experience managing or selling to multiple stakeholders on the customer side.
– Solar PV experience and knowledge preferred, but not required.
– Understanding and presenting financial analysis to customers (ROI, IRR, NPV, APR, etc.).
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
– Excellent customer service skills required.
– Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal, driving and drug screen.
Educational criteria and prerequisites?
– Bachelor’s Degree needed. MBA preferred.
Other possible Industries ideal candidate could come from?
Other possible job titles ideal candidate might have now?
VP of Business Development
VP of BD
Vice President of Business Development
Vice President of BD
Project Development Manager
Senior Project Development Manager
Upward growth opportunity for ideal candidate?
– Significant upward mobility within organization
– Direct access to Founder and CEO
– C Level Position on Leadership Team
– Senior VP of Sales
Location of this position?
East Coast Region
North East Region
South East Region
Mid Atlantic Region
Interview / Hiring Process
– 1st interview with CEO and President (phone).
– 2nd interview with rest of Leadership Team and CEO and President (face to face).
Next Steps to Discuss this Position Confidentially
If you do not have a “current” resume, not to worry. Our priority is finding the ideal person.
If this is you, or possibly someone you might know and respect, and may be a good fit for this key position, please contact us today confidentially.
Even if you are currently working at another company, and want to learn more about this position, all inquiries will be treated with the strictest in confidentiality.
CONTACT US TODAY
EMAIL: exec < at > jpiexecutivesearch.com