Cathodic Protection Regional Sales Manager Wanted – Western Region CA, NV, AZ, OR, WA, ID, UT Areas
Job Search / Career Search Summary
One of the top Cathodic Protection Companies in the World is looking for Regional Sales Manager for the West Coast / Western Region of the United States, covering California, Nevada, Arizona, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Utah (CA, NV, AZ, OR, WA, ID, UT) and surrounding areas.
Regional Sales Manager
Client Company Name
Confidential until Interview is scheduled
About This Company
Who is this company?
One of the top cathodic protection companies in the world
Type of Industry this company is in?
Cathodic Protection, Corrosion Engineering, Corrosion Monitoring, Corrosion Consulting
Age of company and how large?
– $200 Million+ organization
– 30+ years in business
Competitive advantages, value proposition and differentiators of this company?
– One of the most recognized companies in cathodic protection
– Great reputation and quality of service
Growth of company?
Average growth of 15% annually
$125,000 to $150,000 (125k to $150k)
Bonus potential and / or Equity?
25%+ Bonus potential
No Equity to start
Specifics of this Position
Key responsibilities and objectives for ideal candidate?
– Develop regional sales forecast, budget by product category, account and new business.
– Establish and attain regional sales goals.
– Identify market potential; establish a plan to penetrate those markets.
– Develop new customers; identify, track and qualify projects.
– Recruit, train, develop and manage regional field and inside sales staff.
– Identify new markets, seek out and establish accounts.
– Conduct regional meetings with sales personnel ensuring knowledge of corrosion control products and services.
– Maintain effective budgetary controls of sales expenses.
– Increase sales volume through direct sales efforts and by assisting sales representatives in the field.
– Coordinate product and service pricing and logistics with district office management teams.
– Assist in the development and implementation of the company’s ongoing marketing effort.
– Increase market according to annual business plan.
– Collaborate with other sales managers in developing and implementing innovative new marketing techniques.
– Train sales force to cross sell allied products and services.
– Work with Hot Market Champions to develop markets within regional sales area.
– Call on key clients in region.
– Make point sales calls on clients in the region with field sales personnel.
– Maintain favorable customer relations.
– Establish and manage a team sales approach between the field and inside sales personnel.
– Coordinate with other sales efforts with appropriate sales and management personnel on project opportunities outside the local region.
– Attend trade shows and related conventions as needed to promote company products and services.
– Remain informed of competitive developments and enhance knowledge of marketing techniques.
– Contribute in developing effective sales incentive programs.
– Any other duties as assigned.
Key criteria and prerequisites this individual must possess?
– Minimum of 10 years management experience and 10 years of industry experience in the energy and/or municipal markets; corrosion control / cathodic experience or pipeline/refinery business development background strongly preferred.
– Direct sales experience with an emphasis on major accounts. Must have or develop an extensive knowledge of Company products and services.
– Must be a team player.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills and customer service skills are a must. Ability to work with all levels of management both internally and externally.
– Must have successful sales management experience and the ability to recruit, develop and lead an effective and productive sales team.
– Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; draft reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; effectively present information to individuals or groups (management, clients, customers, general public) and respond to questions.
– Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform arithmetic calculations and apply basic statistical, algebraic and geometric concepts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volumes, etc.
– Reasoning Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists and interpret various instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
– Leadership Skills: Position requires individual to have strong interpersonal skills with ability to motivate and empower, to be a strong communicator able to take initiative and function independently. Must be capable of making people management decisions and comfortable in a management position.
– Personal Attributes: Will be relied on to lead Company into new markets and maintain existing business.
– Computer-Based: Ability to work with complex spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software. Ability to learn new applications quickly. Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Power Point) required.
Educational criteria and prerequisites?
– Bachelor’s Degree in Business required.
Other possible Industries ideal candidate could come from?
Engineering Consulting Firm
Oil and Gas
Other possible job titles ideal candidate might have now?
Regional Sales manager
Senior Sales Director
VP of Sales
Vice President of Sales
Upward growth opportunity for ideal candidate?
– Upward mobility within parent company
– Opportunities with sister company subsidiaries
– Advancement to VP of Sales
Location of this position?
Western Region of the United States covering:
California – CA
Nevada – NV
Arizona – AZ
Oregon – OR
Washington – WA
Idaho – ID
Utah – UT
Interview / Hiring Process
– 1st interview by phone
– 2nd interview face to face with VP of Sales
– Final interview with HR and Senior VP
Next Steps to Discuss this Position Confidentially
If you do not have a “current” resume, not to worry. Our priority is finding the ideal person.
If this is you, or possibly someone you might know and respect, and may be a good fit for this key position, please contact us today confidentially.
Even if you are currently working at another company, and want to learn more about this position, all inquiries will be treated with the strictest in confidentiality.
CONTACT US TODAY
EMAIL: exec < at > jpiexecutivesearch.com
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!